Er mogen op dit forum GEEN verzoekjes of requests gevraagd worden, dit staat ook in de regels die je accepteert bij het registreren op dit forum, hiervoor krijg je direct een permanente ban.

Please! Start using English!

Een vraag over dit forum? Een idee om deze site te verbeteren? Post ze hier!! Alvast bedankt.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Forumregels
LEES: Forum Regels!

Alle onderwerpen over spotnet, spotlite en spotweb in dit forum worden per direct verwijderd.

Topicstarter
greencopper

Please! Start using English!

Bericht door greencopper »

Hi

Since the downfall of NZBMatrix a LOT of users around the world has begone using Spotnet/web etc. :thanku:

It is a real pain in the ass that spots are greated in Dutch! :crazy:

As far as I understands spots are not only for Dutch people but all usenet people can share and use spots. Having spots in Dutch is just plain stupid as it keeps a LOT of users away from using spots. :duh:

Please use English when posting spots and please get someone to translate this domain and what it contains into English.

We need to get spots used by more people, keeping everything in Dutch is preventing that!
Neem je online privacy serieus en gebruik een VPN verbinding!

Met een VPN verbinding van IPVanish wordt uw gehele internet verbinding versleuteld

U kunt dus veilig browsen, Torrents downloaden, Usenet downloaden en onderling versleutelde verbindingen opzetten.

Mickroz
Website Team Leider
Usenet: Tweaknews
Internet: Ziggo
Contacteer:

Re: Please! Start using English!

Bericht door Mickroz »

Hi,

Well, we do not have anything to do with the programs themself, so we can't help you there.
I don't know about spotnet and spotlite, but spotweb has an english interface, the rest is pretty self explanatory.

As far as the spots themself, i don't think with its huge dutch userbase, everybody will start posting in english.
Most stuff will be understandable anyway, since the names will be english most of the time.
Afbeelding
Support via PB wordt niet gegeven tenzij ik je vraag om mij een PB te sturen!
Q: Whats a hash and a root password?
A: hash gets you high, root password gives you god powers, combine the 2 and you are invincible.

Gup
Algemeen Manager
Usenet: 8 diverse
Internet: ???
Leeftijd: 48

Bericht door Gup »

Hi,

We will create English support forums in the near future (couple of days) , please give us some time to create these sections ;)
Because i have seen this question many times before, now it is time for a Global support.

:thanku: For your invoice, and i hope to talk to you soon
Need Support? click this link for the search engine or start a new subject

D3r @nt1 R00tk17 M31st3r :ssst:

hjvbft

Bericht door hjvbft »

If you use SpotWeb you can use translate sites for translating the spotinformation.
On the SpotWeb todo list: Integrate Bing's translate API to automatically translate comments
SpotWeb doesn't work like NZBMatrix. Extra information: Incomplete population of spots

Topicstarter
greencopper

Bericht door greencopper »

Mickroz schreef:As far as the spots themself, i don't think with its huge dutch userbase, everybody will start posting in english.
Most stuff will be understandable anyway, since the names will be english most of the time.
This is the issue I'm addressing.

The main reason why spots haven't got a widespread usage is because the spots are in Dutch. Spotweb has an English user interface and it's perfect.

I know that spots are not matrix, but that's not the point. The point is that after the matrix went down a LOT of users where debating alternatives on different IRC channels and I discovered spots. I had never heard of them before even though I have been using Usenet for a long time. I tested spotweb and some other options and I think spots are great.

After doing some questioning and comparing notes with other guys around the world we determined that the main reason why only Dutch people are using spots are because the spots themselves are in Dutch.

Most Dutch people speak English good and are fully capable of writing spots in English, I encourage Dutch people to write spots in English please! This will make more Usenet people want to use spots.

Having this forum in Dutch and having all the guides in Dutch isn't helping either.

Apparently the guys who made the spot* programs wasn't considering world wide usage and application which is a real shame.

I guess I could create a similar application in say Danish and then only make it useful for Danish people on Usenet, but why in the world would I do that? That would seriously limit the application!

Please update the docs, tutorials, etc., and encourage Dutch people to write spots in English! (Respect)

Gup
Algemeen Manager
Usenet: 8 diverse
Internet: ???
Leeftijd: 48

Bericht door Gup »

greencopper schreef:
Mickroz schreef:As far as the spots themself, i don't think with its huge dutch userbase, everybody will start posting in english.
This is the issue I'm addressing.

The main reason why spots haven't got a widespread usage is because the spots are in Dutch. Spotweb has an English user interface and it's perfect.

I know that spots are not matrix, but that's not the point. The point is that after the matrix went down a LOT of users where debating alternatives on different IRC channels and I discovered spots. I had never heard of them before even though I have been using Usenet for a long time. I tested spotweb and some other options and I think spots are great.

After doing some questioning and comparing notes with other guys around the world we determined that the main reason why only Dutch people are using spots are because the spots themselves are in Dutch.

Most Dutch people speak English good and are fully capable of writing spots in English, I encourage Dutch people to write spots in English please! This will make more Usenet people want to use spots.

Having this forum in Dutch and having all the guides in Dutch isn't helping either.

Apparently the guys who made the spot* programs wasn't considering world wide usage and application which is a real shame.

I guess I could create a similar application in say Danish and then only make it useful for Danish people on Usenet, but why in the world would I do that? That would seriously limit the application!

Please update the docs, tutorials, etc., and encourage Dutch people to write spots in English! (Respect)

The Blue colored items is what we are working on as we speak ;)
Need Support? click this link for the search engine or start a new subject

D3r @nt1 R00tk17 M31st3r :ssst:

BitsOfSkin
Usenet: SuperUsenet
Internet: XS4ALL/Ziggo
Leeftijd: 41

Bericht door BitsOfSkin »

greencopper schreef: We need to get spots used by more people, keeping everything in Dutch is preventing that!
The problem lies with getting the 'Spotters' to put up the info in English...
And getting them to do that may prove to be rather problematic at best, and downright impossible at worst.
But let me explain through a simple example : Story time !

There are certain 'Spotters' using Spotnet/Spotlite who tend to only spot 'Scene' material without Dutch subtitles, and with English descriptions.
The absurdly millitant reactions these people's 'Spots' get from a rather large group of utterly retarded Dutch users who either don't speak English or refuse to learn how to has taken on such bizarre proportions that a number of 'Spotters' have stopped spotting stuff alltogether.

Now, taking that into account, imagine the reactions the 'Spotters' in general would get if they switched to English...
I can guarantee you that it would lead to a lot of angry replies, flamewars that would put the discussions in alt.soc.politics to shame, and perhaps even to some 'Spotters' just giving up.

One possible solution would be to get people to add Spot info in Dutch AND English, but that might also prove to be difficult; contrary to what you may wish to believe, the average Dutch person's comprehension of the English language is appalling, and getting them to translate their Spot info would probably lead to a lot of 'Engrish' descriptions done with Babelfish or Google translate.

What Spotnet REALLY needs is more (native) English speakers who Spot stuff.
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCS/S d+pu s+: a C++ UBL++++@ P-- L++@ !E--- W++$ N++++>$ o-- K++@ w O- M-- V+ PS? PE>$ Y++@ PGP---- t 5 X- R++ tv-- b+++>$ DI++ D+++ G+ e+++(-)>$ h r y++**@
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

sander
Usenet: Gratis Lightning :)
Internet: Ziggo

Bericht door sander »

Sorting the spots by language might be a start ;)

BitsOfSkin
Usenet: SuperUsenet
Internet: XS4ALL/Ziggo
Leeftijd: 41

Bericht door BitsOfSkin »

sander schreef:Sorting the spots by language might be a start ;)
But that might be problematic if the language of the material in the Spot differs from the language of the description, for instance, English description and then having Dutch/Flemmish material...
We'd need 2 new sub-category headers then; one for description language, and one for material language.
And then the Retards who keep whining about not having Dutch subs will start complaining they want a header to indicate whether or not something has Dutch subs...

And theres the fact that it would have to be implemented into Spotnet first, and then rolled out into spotlite.
Not sure if that'll be happening anytime soon.
then again, we can always see about putting in a feature request, it's worked before for me.
greencopper schreef: Apparently the guys who made the spot* programs wasn't considering world wide usage and application which is a real shame.
Spotnet was created by Drazic as an alternative for another Dutch Usenet-centric platforum called FTD.
It was a Dutch alternative for places like Newzbin and NZBMatrix, both of which ALWAYS suffered from a lack of Dutch users and Dutch TV/Movie/Music files.
That is where FTD came in, and when that got killed by the Copywrong bastards, Drazic decided to start a fully Usenet centered software that couldn't be taken down with DMCA/Copywrong notices or court orders.
Spotnet is the end result of that effort.

So yeah, he never considered any international usage; non-Dutch users at the time had plenty of alternatives.
Oh how the times change, eh ? :slecht:
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCS/S d+pu s+: a C++ UBL++++@ P-- L++@ !E--- W++$ N++++>$ o-- K++@ w O- M-- V+ PS? PE>$ Y++@ PGP---- t 5 X- R++ tv-- b+++>$ DI++ D+++ G+ e+++(-)>$ h r y++**@
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

hjvbft

Bericht door hjvbft »

Any new information about the English support forum?
There is no rush but it would be nice to have the English support forum.
This will bring more users and knowledge together on this forum.
Plaats reactie Vorig onderwerpVolgend onderwerp
Spot-net.nl Forums : Disclaimer